Tuesday, July 19, 2011

abby wambach 2011



I saw a video online a few weeks ago that made me lose 4 hours of sleep the night I saw it. That's a pretty impressive feat considering I'm tired preggo woman. But let me first make a confession. Bear with me because it'll all tie in in a second.

I'm obsessed with the USWNT (U.S. Women's National Soccer Team). I've been a fan since I was 14. My yahoo e-mail address is named after the former captain of the USWNT who was a mom, and, at least to my understanding, stopped playing so she could focus on raising her children more.

I look forward to the Olympics and the FIFA Women's World Cup to see all these amazing women play their hearts out. My current fav is forward Abby Wambach--one of the best players in the world. Imagine seeing that running full speed at you. All 5'10 of her:




You get the picture though. I love the game and the team!

So anyway, back to the reason why I lost so much sleep! The video I watched was an interview with U.S. Women's National Soccer Team players Kate Markgraf and Christe Rampone, who both had children while they were on the USWNT, and both came back to play.

Here they are -- Kate and Christine in a post-Olympics shot with their kids: